Saturday 9 January 2010

Turning Japanese

Yesterday I made my first trip through the hazardous winter wonderland of the Ards Peninsula to The White Elephant Emporium (TWEE), owned by FATC exhibitor Rowan McConnell. I was rewarded for my bravery as this emporium of eclectica presented me with a new addition to my ever-increasing family of similarly eclectic home furnishings. A jewel in the crown of the Hoops antique courtyard in Greyabbey, TWEE includes both a room of antiques and a room of delightfully quirky vintage treasures. Gent's vintage shirts, little girl's dresses from the '60s/'70s, vintage toys and sports items, books, dressing table sets, glasses, china, hats, bags and jewellery all vied for my attention, but it was a large Japanese lacquer and mother of pearl decorative wall panel that made its way home with me. Now it is hanging beside my fireplace I am even more in love with it as it doesn't look at all out of place beside a Victorian shelf holding 2 pink china cats (who lost their whiskers long before I was born), my 1930s lady lamp, a Mallorcan wall hanging and one of my umpteen owls. But, then again I have been told that I am mad!



The Japanese wall panel that can be seen in the bottom right of the picture left now adorns my living room wall as can be seen in the picture below.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.