Saturday 7 August 2010

ICE ICE BABY

When you are feeling tired at the end of the working week a spot of retail therapy does the soul a world of good, especially when you only have to spend a few pounds to get that lift from the doldrums.

My Mum and I went to a jumble sale in her village last night and I picked up some lovely treasures for me, myself and I. These sales are always a highlight of our thrifting circuit as I usually go with a budget of £20 and come away laden with bags bulging with clothing, books and homewares. Last night however, I went with a meagre budget of £10 so I decided to go straight to a table laden with glasses and china.



Bingo! I immediately snapped up a gorgeous bone china teaset for £4.00, a pretty floral china gravy boat for 50p and a chintzy rose china bowl, also 50p. Moving to the end of the table clutching my heavy box of china my eagle eyes homed in on a 1950s red plastic ice bucket with ice tongs and for only £1 it made its way into my shopper bag too.


With £4 left burning a hole in my purse I made my way into the clothing hall and chose a 1960s purple tartan wool tweed hat with large pom-pom for £1 (that's a start on my new winter wardrobe) and deciding that there was nothing else I couldn't absolutely live without I made my way home with my new treasures and £3 change - just enough to purchase four deliciously decadent cupcakes this morning to christen my new china plates!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.