Thursday 10 February 2011

FROCKING FAB FINDS #1

Our February Frock Around The Clock vintage fair was jumpin' and jivin' with folks eager to get their hands on vintage bargains and soak up the glamorous atmosphere that goes along with our events.

It has taken me four days to recover and get all the photos uploaded to my computer and over the next couple of days I will be putting some of my favourites up on the blog, but today I had to show off some of my own personal finds from the fair.

I bought this gorgeous blue and gold china Colclough teaset from Norma Jean Vintage to add to my beloved china collection. I fell in love with it the moment I saw it, and because I don't have anything else in this colour I was over the moon to also find this beautiful turquoise blue polka dotted Grafton teaset from Sandra Crawford Antiques. I think you will agree that they go perfectly together.


In fact I thought that they were so beautiful that I had to go out and buy a 'new' china cabinet for them the very next day! I already have six vintage china cabinets but when I saw this one in the Action Cancer Shop in Bangor I just knew I couldn't live without it!


It was black with decades of dust but for only £5 it was a complete bargain and after a couple of hours of TLC and elbow grease it is gleaming and taking pride of place in my hall.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.