Sunday 21 March 2010

A STITCH IN TIME

I came across this vintage sewing pattern today while doing a spot of spring cleaning. Dating from 1969, Simplicity #8520 evokes some wonderful childhood memories as it was the pattern for one of my favourite outfits that Mum wore.


As she had flame red hair she was fabulously striking in her huge black flared pants with matching long-line waistcoat which she teamed with a bright purple polo neck jumper. One of my oldest and most vivid memories is of getting separated from Mum in a supermarket and the manager being able to spot her immediately when I gave him her description.

I have held on to the pattern with the intention of reproducing the outfit for myself so I am going to dust off the sewing machine, schedule a trip to Craftswoman Fabrics, and make a start on it soon. Hopefully that intention won't go the same way as the rest of my New Year resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.