Saturday 13 March 2010

TREASURE HUNT

I have been 'decluttering' my home over the last couple of weeks. It all began with my purchase of a 1950s G Plan dressing table which I was extremely lucky to find in a local charity shop for £30. To make room for my amazing find I had to do some shuffling of furniture and after a promise to the rest of the family to follow a new policy of 'one item in, one item out' I got carried away and removed a dozen small items of furniture to the auction rooms. My next stage of madness involved 'getting rid' of a large portion of my vintage china and bric-a-brac.

The strange thing is that this didn't even make a dent in my 'clutter' or, as I prefer to call it, 'my treasures'. After all my efforts I still don't have room to swing a cat (luckily for Lorelei the kitten), and now I'm feeling somewhat bereft. I'm trying to cheer myself up with thoughts of the fun I will have buying 'new' things that I don't need, but have to have! I saw lots of goodies at last weekend's Vintage Sunday at the Empire - roll on 11th April so that I can spend my birthday money at the next one!
Babycham glasses from Kirkmodern

G Plan sideboard from Retrorumage
























Bradley Wide Eyed Doll from Old Mill Collectables





Opera glasses from Sandra Crawford Antiques

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.